Cusco Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Cusco Urban Adventures offers a discovery of the hidden secrets and incredible ancient history on locally guided Cusco day tours. Here the vibe is that you’re never far from an undiscovered archeological site, or from the next big artist to make it on the world stage. Experience being surrounded in every direction with the remaining influence of the Incan legacy, the civilizations that lived before them, and the colonial conquistadors that tried to claim it all as their own. As you tour the Sacred Valley or wander the streets of Cusco on our experiential Cusco sightseeing tours, you know you are experiencing a living history.
With Cusco Urban Adventures you can spend the day exploring the ruins around Pisac and its colourful market where local farmers and artisans come to sell their wares to locals and tourists alike. The distinctive earthy musk of farm life, the sound of traditional Andean music, the colours of hand-woven textiles will all transport you to a world far away from the one you know on a tour of Cusco.
Touring more of South America? Urban Adventures has tours in Lima, Quito, Buenos Aires, Iguassu Falls, and Rio de Janeiro. We're not stopping there - we're adding new South American destinations all the time!
from 1 review
From USD 72.00
On this day tour you'll visit key Incan highlights to experience Cusco at the grassroots level. Start at the vibrant San Pedro local market. Then head out of town to explore two major Inca sites, Sacsayhuaman and Q’enqo. Enjoy a picnic around amazing landscapes and then return to Cusco walking, learning about the history and culture along the way.more...
Machu Picchu Full Day Tour
from 5 reviews
From USD 370.00
Short on time? Not keen on sweating it out on the Inca Trail? Then join this Cusco tour to perform a major lifehack on your Peru travel plans by fitting a scenic train ride, a soak in hot springs and a guided tour of Machu Picchu all into one day.more...
Cusco Pisco Making From USD 36.00
Get to know Peru through its flavors on this Cusco tour that teaches you all you need to know about one of Peru’s most unique creations – the Pisco Sour! From market, to mixing, to the best part - consumption! - we couldn’t teach you any more about this legendary drink on this tour even if we tried.more...
Cusco Cook-Off From USD 80.00
Bust out your inner chef for this Cusco cooking class, where you’ll get to make classic local dishes and learn about the true Peruvian way of life. You’ll shop with locals at the market, learn traditional Inca cooking techniques, and sample exotic fruits and flavours. Oh, and did we mention there’s a pisco sour mixology lesson in there, too?more...
[ 03/06/2015 ]
This celebration offers a coulourful parade marching through the streets of Cusco.Inti Raymi (Festival of the Sun)
Place: Qoricancha - [ 24/06/2015 ]
A spectacular Incan celebration honouring the sun god, Inti.Fiestas Patrias
[ 28/07/2015 - 29/07/2015 ]
One of the most important holidays to celebrate Peru's independence!more events...
Cheers to Pisco
more... more stories...
25 May 2015 This was an excellent day as we visited the Sacred Valley near Cuzco and learnt much about the ancient and modern Inca cultures.
24 Jan 2015 We had a wonderful experience, thanks to our driver (Jose) and our terrific guide (Alberto). Our driver gave us many interesting facts as he drove us to the train and was careful and courteous. Our guide a Machu Picchu was very knowledgable and pointe4d out many interesting things that we would never have noticed on our own. The information prior to the trip made the experience stress-free. Thanks, Mary and Steve
26 Dec 2014 Our only issue was not all of the appropriate tickets were delivered to our hotel for our tour. The guides and representatives we actually interacted with were all great.
04 Nov 2014 Lily was an excellent guide, knowledgeable, friendly and with an obvious passion for Cusco and Peru's history. I loved getting snacks from the market and then eating them on the hill above Sacsayhuamán. I totally recommend this tour with Lily. Best tour I have been on in Peru!
21 Oct 2014 I thought the guide was great and everything went very smooth. I was nervous not knowing much Spanish but everything went better than I could have expected.
20 Jun 2012 It turned out to be a private tour - it was perfectly organised - the few hours spent exploring the ruins at Machu Picchu would live with me for the rest of my life. Having a local guide does help when it comes to appreciating the customs and culture.
Welcome to Cusco – the historic capital of the Incan Empire, the gateway to Machu Picchu, and a lovely UNESCO World Heritage site. As a part of the Urban Adventures network, we are excited to share it with you through our unique Cusco and Sacred Valley tours. Whether this is visiting a local community or learning how to make a regional dish, our goal is to help make the world feel a little smaller by inspiring our travellers to experience a culture and its people in the most intrepid way possible – through local knowledge and local experience.
Feels like: 6°C
Clear. Quite cool.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.